What is the Sports Premium?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10per pupil. Chislehurst Primary School has received a total of £18, 180 for the academic year 2017-18. We are complying with guidance and an impact and spend document can be found showing how funding is being used to develop Sport at Chislehurst Primary.
Vision statement for Primary PE and Sports Premium
All pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and Sport at school including:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and healthy lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school
- increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our PE premium spend is detailed in the document at the bottom of this page. The plan has been carefully considered with an over-arching objective of increasing participation in PE & sport, but at the same time defining legacy planning and how most of these initiatives may be continued even if/when the PE premium funding is removed. We employ coaches to teach children sport-specific skills but they are always uses along side a member of staff so that they also act as CPD for teachers.